Chicken MarsalaFrom nativeprincess 6 years ago
- flour (enough to dredge chicken in) shopping list
- salt & pepper (To taste) shopping list
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, butterflied shopping list
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 4 tbsp butter shopping list
- 10 ozs mushrooms shopping list
- 2 cups marsala wine shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, salt & pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour, tapping off excess .Add oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add chicken and cook until browned on both sides & cooked throughly, about 4-5 minutes a side (depends on size of chicken breast). Remove to a plate, keep warm.
- Heat 2 tbsp butter in same skillet. Add mushrooms, cook while stirring until golden brown, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add Marsala to skillet with mushrooms, cook while stirring for a few minutes, then add garlic, lemon juice, 2 tbsp butter & parsley. Cook for a couple of minutes, until sauce is thickened slightly. Pour over chicken & serve.
- I like to serve this with garlic mashed potatoes and, of course, a nice green vegetable!