Red Beans And Rice CupsFrom keni 5 years ago
- 1/2 package wonton wrappers(I used round) shopping list
- 1 can red beans, undrained(or about 2 cups, cooked from dried, if preferred) shopping list
- 1/2lb ground Mexican or Spanish chorizo shopping list
- 2 cups cooked rice(I suggest cooking in chicken stock and adding salt, pepper and a sprinkling of herbs) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- about 1/4 cup grated onion shopping list
- 2T fresh parsley, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4-1t cayenne shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground pepper, if needed shopping list
How to make it
- Carefully press wonton wrappers down into cups of a muffin tin to create a "cup". It will be irregular, but that's fine! See Photo
- Bake at 350 for about 5-7 minutes until lightly browning on edges, and crisp. See Photo
- In heavy skillet(I used cast iron), combine all remaining ingredients and cook meat and heat through. If you think your meat will be too greasy to be absorbed by the rice, cook it first, drain, then add the rest of the ingredients. See Photo
- Spoon mixture into wonton cups.
- *these are fine served room temperature!