Banana Peanut Butter Oatmeal MuffinsFrom otterpond 6 years ago
- -------- THE MUFFINS ----------- shopping list
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup Milled Flax meal shopping list
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cardamom shopping list
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 3/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 med.) shopping list
- 6 tbsp peanut butter (pref. creamy) shopping list
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- -------- THE Topping ----------- shopping list
- 1/4 cup peanuts chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin or use muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, flax meal, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, vanilla extract, brown sugar, eggs, Greek yogurt and milk until very smooth, making sure all egg has been well-incorporated.
- Mash banana and peanut butter together. It doesn't matter if there are some lumps of banana left.
- Make a well in the flour and pour in the egg mixture a little at a time while mixing in the flour from the sides. Keep mixing until no streaks of flour remain.
- fold in the peanut butter and banana mash
- Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin tin, filling each just about up to the top.
- Mix up the chopped peanuts, sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the top springs back when lightly pressed.
- Remove muffins from tin and cool on a wire rack.
- Makes 16 muffins actually I made 12 muffins and one mini-loaf.
The Cookotterpond Orlando, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!