Smoked Sausage & Red Beans Over RiceFrom windy1950 3 years ago
- 1 cup dry long grain rice, brown or white shopping list
- 2 Tbsps vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs smoked sausage, 1/4" slice shopping list
- 2 medium onions, chopped shopping list
- 3 stalks celery and leaves, chopped shopping list
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp dried summer savory leaves shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt, more or less shopping list
- cajun seasoning (e.g. Tony Chachere’s®), to taste shopping list
- 2 (15 to 16 oz) cans dark red kidney beans, liquid reserved shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside and keep covered.
- 2. Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage to skillet; reduce heat to medium low and cook until sausage is nicely browned and some of its fat is rendered.
- 3. Add just a bit more oil if necessary. Cook onion, celery, bell pepper and garlic in oil about 2 or 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Combine remaining ingredients with skillet mixture, salting with a light hand. Simmer, stirring occasionally and adding reserved liquid as needed, until hot.
- 4. Serve it up over rice.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Goes nicely with cornbread or buttermilk biscuits.
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookwindy1950 Flint, MI
The Rating1 people
Good recipe :)donman in Hammond loved it
Comfort Foods769 members
Regional Foods7 members
Southern Cooks553 members
Good Down Home Southern Food194 members
Our Daily Dinner788 members
Checkin Central283 members
Home Cooking56 members
Nostalgic Recipes104 members
Rice This Way Folks124 members