Ko-KO Coconut Cupcakes With Coconut Cream Cheese FrostingFrom mrcooksalot 5 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 5 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract shopping list
- 2/3 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 standard 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners.
- Into a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Using a hand held mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time until just combined. Add vanilla and coconut extract. Add buttermilk and dry ingredients, being careful not to over mix. Mix in the shredded coconut.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool on wire racks before frosting.
- Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups sweetened coconut flakes, for garnish
- Using a hand-held mixer beat cream cheese and butter together until light and smooth. Add vanilla extract and slowly add the confectioners' sugar 1cup at a time until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour coconut flakes evenly onto a baking sheet. Place in oven for 2 to 3 minutes allowing flakes to cook and turn a golden brown color. Make sure you do not burn.
- Frost cupcakes high with about 4 tablespoons of icing. Garnish with toasted coconut flakes.