Greek Shepherd's PieFrom FavoriteFixins 6 years ago
- Ingredients: shopping list
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 5 1/2 cups cubed eggplant (about 1 large) shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 lb. ground lamb shopping list
- 1/2 lb round turkey shopping list
- 1/2 onion chopped shopping list
- 4 cups leftover tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan, cook potatoes in boiling water until tender, drain, then mash with sour cream and butter. Set aside. In a bowl, combine eggplant and salt. Add flour and toss to coat. In a skillet, cook eggplant in oil over medium heat until browned and oil is absorbed. Transfer to a greased 30qt. baking dish.
- In the same skillet, cook lamb and turkey and onion over medium heat, until no longer pink, drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, parsley and seasonings. Cook until heated through.about 5 minutes. Pour over eggpllant, sprinkle with feta cheese. Spread mashed potatoes over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 35-45 minutes or until top begins to brown. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.
The CookFavoriteFixins Daytona Beach, Florida
- Not added to any groups yet!