Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes with a Flare"From mrcooksalot 5 years ago
- 6 sweet potatoes, even in size and scrubbed shopping list
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature shopping list
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 2cups mini marshmallows shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup Coarse chopped pecans for topping shopping list
- Pure cane sugar and cinnamon for garnish sprinkle shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place sweet potatoes on sheet tray and bake for 1 hour or until soft. Remove from oven and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Split potatoes and remove the flesh to a medium sized bowl, reserving skins. In another bowl, add brown sugar, butter and cream cheese and the all of the spices and mash with a fork or rubber spatula.
- Add the butter and cream cheese mixture to the sweet potato flesh and fold in completely. Add the filling back to the potato skins and place on a half sheet tray. Bake for 10 minutes add mini marshmallows along with some pecans place back into oven for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar mixture
- Let cool for 5 minutes or so.
- Enjoy every bite :)