Sugarless Sesame - Date And Carob CookiesFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
- 8 oz chopped dates shopping list
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup millet flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup rice flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup yellow corn flour (not cornstarch) shopping list
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3/4 tsp powdered stevia shopping list
- 3/4 cup carob powder shopping list
- 2/3 cup canola oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup reserved date-soaking water shopping list
- 1/2 cup black sesame seeds shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F, line 2 baking sheets with parchment, SilPat or foil.
- Place dates in a deep bowl and cover with boiling water. Let sit 15 minutes, then drain, reserving 3/4 cup of the water.
- In a medium bowl, sift together all the flours, cinnamon, salt, stevia and carob powder. Set aside.
- Meanwhile in a larger bowl, whisk together oil and the reserved date water.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir well to combine (it will be very stiff), then add dates and sesame seeds and mix in thoroughly See Photo. Batter will loosen up as it works.
- Roll small balls from the dough and flatten slightly. Place on prepared sheets (they don't spread so you can place fairly close together).
- Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely on the sheets.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Sweet Tooth447 members
Good To Freeze128 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Whole Foods142 members
Original Recipes143 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
Christmas All Year182 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members