Italian - Inspired Mushroom And Bean BakeFrom jo_jo_ba 4 years ago
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced shopping list
- 1 cup white kidney (cannellini) beans shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, sliced into 1" strips shopping list
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- coarse black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes (not the ones in oil), soaked in hot water and drained shopping list
- 8 oz loosely packed baby spinach, divided shopping list
- zest of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large, deep saute pan over medium heat, bring the water to a simmer.
- Add the onion and pepper, and saute until onion is slightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the beans and garlic and cook 3 minutes longer, then add mushrooms and raise the heat to medium high. Cook, stirring, until mushrooms have released their liquid and have begun to brown (about 7-8 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper, then add basil, oregano, thyme and tomatoes and stir well to combine, adding a little of the soaking water if necessary.
- Stir in half of the spinach and the lemon zest.
- Cook, tossing well and adding dashes of liquid as necessary, 8 minutes.
- Pour into a casserole dish, add vegetable broth and bake, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Un-cover, stir in remaining spinach and bake a further 5 minutes, until thick.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget559 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Whole Foods142 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Fresh Food Cooking119 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members