Easy Lamb CurryFrom amatullah 6 years ago
- 125ml (1/2 cup) beef stock shopping list
- 1 large brown onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed shopping list
- 2 (300g each) lamb eye of loin (backstraps) shopping list
- 2 tbs mild curry paste (Patak's brand) shopping list
- 1 400g can Italian diced tomatoes shopping list
- salt & freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- cooked basmati rice, to serve shopping list
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to garnish shopping list
- 1 200g container skim milk natural yoghurt, to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Place the stock, onion and garlic in a medium non-stick saucepan. Cover and bring to the boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 6 minutes or until the onion is soft.
- Meanwhile, cut the lamb into 3cm pieces and combine with curry paste.
- Transfer the onion mixture to a bowl. Heat the pan over medium-high heat and add a third of the lamb. Cook, tossing occasionally, for 1 minute or until the lamb is just sealed all over.
- Transfer the lamb to a plate and repeat with the remaining lamb in 2 more batches.
- Return the onion mixture to the pan and stir in the tomatoes. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook, partially covered, stirring often, for 6 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Stir in lamb and cook, uncovered, stirring often, for a further 2 minutes or until lamb is cooked to medium rare. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the rice in serving bowls.
- Spoon the curry over the rice and top with the coriander.
- Serve immediately with the yoghurt.
- Notes & tips
- Use any favourite Indian curry paste.