Rob’s Baked Pasta CasseroleFrom oldinjun 4 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 1 (16-ounce) package pasta of choice (Fettuccine, Manicotti, Penne Rigate, Spaghetti, ect.) shopping list
- 1-pound ground beef or turkey shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- Olive oil shopping list
- 1 (26-ounce) can crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 2 (8-ounce) cans of tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 (6-ounce) cans of tomato paste shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves shopping list
- 2-teaspoon oregano shopping list
- 2 teaspoons basil (or 8 leafs of fresh) shopping list
- 1-teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese shopping list
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted shopping list
- 2 cups (16 oz) ricotta cheese shopping list
- 4 cups (32 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside. Meanwhile, in a large skillet with olive oil, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, drain and set aside.
- 2. In the same large skillet sauté garlic and onion in olive oil for 3-5 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, oregano, basil, sugar, salt and simmer for 5 minutes. Return meat to the sauce and simmer another 5 minutes.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Add the pasta to egg mixture, and toss to coat.
- 4. Place half of the pasta mixture in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Top with half of the ricotta cheese, meat sauce, and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.