Turkey Mole PoblanoFrom sharebear1 6 years ago
- 1 Dried Casabel Chile shopping list
- 1 Dried Morita Chile shopping list
- 2 Dried pasilla chiles shopping list
- 2 dried ancho chiles shopping list
- 2 Dried Guajillo Chiles shopping list
- 3/4 Cups oil for frying shopping list
- 5 garlic cloves, Crushed shopping list
- 1 Large white onion, Diced shopping list
- 1/4 Teaspoon coriander seeds shopping list
- 4 whole cloves shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon sesame seeds, plus extra for spinkling shopping list
- 1/3 Cup craisins, or such shopping list
- 1/3 Cup almonds shopping list
- 1/3 Cup unsalted peanuts shopping list
- 3/4 of 1 round Abuelita chocolate Tablet (these are sold in the mexican section) shopping list
- 3 Large roma tomatoes, or 5 Small ones shopping list
- 1 cinnamon stick shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1/2 Teapsoon Mexican oregano shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 2 Stale corn tortillas shopping list
- 1-1/4 Cup chicken or turkey broth shopping list
- 2-3 Pounds Leftover turkey, heated shopping list
- Sides: shopping list
- lime slices shopping list
- Diced onion shopping list
- rice shopping list
- Tostadas shopping list
How to make it
- Heat about 3 cups of water in a safe bowl for microwave for 3 minutes.
- Heat cormal (or griddle) and toast chiles on both sides, until the chiles are fragrant, about 1-2 minutes, being careful not to burn them. Remove the stems and seeds from chile (careful there hot). Submerge the chiles into the water in microwave, cover with lid and let set about 10-15 minutes. While griddle is hot roast tomatoes until blackened on all side. about 10-15 minutes. Remove and set into blender with onion and garlic.
- Heat about 1/4 cup of oil in skillet. Add onion and garlic, saute until onion is translucent. Tilt pan reserving oil and using tongs remove onion and galic and place into blender.
- Using reserved oil toast corianer seeds, cloves and sesame seeds for about 30-60 seconds until fragrant and lightly brown. Remove and place into blender. Add craisins and toast for about 1 minute, add to blender.
- You may need to add more oil, add another 1/4 cup and re-heat. Stir the almonds and peanuts into the skillet, and cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add to blender. (Keep adding oil as needed) Fry tortillas and fry for about 1 minute, remove and set a side. With remaining oil add abuelita chocolate and stir constantly until melted. Once melted add to blender.
- Chiles should be soft by this time; remove chiles from water and add chiles to blender, also add about 1/3 cup of water from chiles to blender. Add mexican oregano, cumin, salt and white pepper to blender. Blend until smooth. Once smooth tear tortillas into peices and add them to blender, blend until mixture is smooth.
- Add mixture to a large pot. Slowly stir in broth and add cinnamon stick. Simmer on low heat for about 1 hour. Remove cinnamon stick after 1 hour.
- After one hour you may heat turkey and add directly to mole or serve mole sauce over heated turkey. Sprinkle sesame seeds over mole if desired. Garnish with onions and limes. Serve with rice on the sides and tostadas or tortillas.
The Cooksharebear1 Coon Rapids, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!