Garlic Spinach Artichoke Dip (now With Added Awesome!)From chefmal 6 years ago
- 1 -10 oz box of frozen chopped spinach (bargain brand is good) shopping list
- 1 -6 oz jar of marinated artichoke hearts shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled shopping list
- 1 Tbspn butter shopping list
- 4 oz cream cheese shopping list
- 12 oz sour cream shopping list
- 1/3 Cup parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp dill, parsley and onion powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a small saucepan, bring the frozen block of spinach to a boil with a thin layer of water, nutmeg and a pad of butter. Let boil until cooked thoroughly. When it's done, drain as much liquid as you can out of it, squeezing if you have to.
- Drain the artichoke hearts; there can be a bit of residual oil left on them, no big deal. Put them, the spinach, the chopped garlic, both cheeses, sour cream, worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, dill, parsley and onion powder into a food processor. Blend until mixed and smooth.
- Scoop out into a tupperware container and chill for at least a half hour, up to overnight. Serve with veggies, crackers, pita or potato chips, whatever you want, it's da bomb diggity, yo.
The Cookchefmal Bronx, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!