Tomato BisqueFrom cheffiona 6 years ago
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 medium carrot finely chopped shopping list
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 4 cups of chicken stock or canned low sodium broth shopping list
- 2 (14 1.2 ounce) cans of diced fire-roasted tomatoes drained shopping list
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- croutons shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a pan melt 2 tablespoons butter and add the onion, carrot, celery, and garlice cover and cook over medium heat stirring for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add the stock, tomatoes, tomato paste and sugar, bring to a boil. cover partially and cook over moderate heat until the vegetables are tender about 15-20 minutes.
- 3. In a blender puree half of the soup until smooth. Return to the saucepan add the cream and cook until just heated through.
- 4. Season with salt and pepper and swirl in the remain 2 tablespoons butter.
- 5. Ladle into bowls and garnish with your favorite topping.
- I make my own croutons using my homemade French Brioche bread but slicing a couple of slices off and cut in cubes put some oil on baking sheet (vegetable, olive, or canola) and place the croutons on it and make sure to get them covered in the olive and then i put some garlic powder on them along with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and then bake in oven 450 degrees for about 15 minutes (or until golden brown) and sprinkle on soup.
The Cookcheffiona Las Vegas, Nevada
- Not added to any groups yet!