Ham With Homemade Egg Noodles (schinkennudeln)From rescue_ranger 5 years ago
- ham with homemade egg noodles (Schinkennudeln) shopping list
- 1 lb Fresh egg noodles shopping list
- 1 1/2 to 2 lb smoked ham, diced shopping list
- kosher salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 c sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 C Grated Emmentaler cheese shopping list
- 1/2 C Grated swiss cheese shopping list
- 4 Tbsp To 6 Tbsp butter + enough to butter pan shopping list
- 6 TBSP bread crumbs shopping list
- NOTE: Use more or less ingredients depending on your taste, also you can make variations very easily with this recipe I like to also add sautéed onions (green or yellow) and sliced sautéed button mushrooms shopping list
- Homemade German Egg Noodles: shopping list
- 2 c Flour; sifted shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 Egg yolks; beaten shopping list
- 1/2 c Lukewarm water shopping list
How to make it
- Ham with homemade egg noodles (Schinkennudeln)
- Cook the noodles in salted water and drain; they can also be left over from the day before.
- Butter a soufflé pan and fil pan with alternate layers of ham and noodles; salt lightly and put some of the sour cream and some grated cheese over each layer.
- The top layer should consist of noodles, Dot with little bits of butter and sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
- Homemade German Egg Noodles:
- Combine flour and salt. Mix in yolks and water; mix well. Knead on floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Let dough rest 30 minutes.
- Roll out to 18" square. Let dry 1 hour.
- Roll up loosely like jelly roll. Cut dough into 1/4" strips. Unroll strips. Cut in 4" lengths. Lay out to dry again 1 hour.
- Cook in 3 quarts boiling, salted water 18 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Drain in colander. Rinse with hot water. Drain well. Noodles can be served buttered with crumbs or as you would serve packaged noodles.
The Cookrescue_ranger New Baltimore, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!