Roasted Garlic Smashed Potatoes W/rosemary, Chili & ChivesFrom chefpriyanka 6 years ago
- 4 medium Idaho potatoes- scrubbed shopping list
- 2 heads of garlic- tops trimmed off shopping list
- 4 dried cayenne chilies shopping list
- 3-4 sprigs of rosemary- fresh shopping list
- 1 cup fat free half&half (I use Land-o-Lakes Brand) shopping list
- 1/2 cup light cream shopping list
- 6-7 sprigs of chive- finely chopped shopping list
- 1/3-1/2 cup freshly grated parmigiano cheese shopping list
- salt shopping list
- coarse black pepper shopping list
- PAM olive oil flavor shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven 425 degrees. In a sheet of foil place both garlic heads, chilies, rosemary sprigs, salt and pepper. Spray liberally with PAM and fold foil to create a packet. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes until cloves are soft and rosemary and crispy. Remove and cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut potatoes in half and boil in salted water with peel on until fork tender. In a small bowl squeeze in garlic cloves, add rosemary, chilies, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined and garlic is mushed. Add this mixture to the potatoes and combine thoroughly. In a slow stream, add half&half and light cream. Mash together until smooth and well combined. More or less milk can be used to achieve desired consistency. Then stir in the grated parmigiano. I like smashed potatoes a little chunky and smooth. Taste for salt.
The Cookchefpriyanka Staten Island, New York
- Not added to any groups yet!