Blinis With Smoked Salmon & Dill Crème FraicheFrom luisascatering 5 years ago
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 3 cage-free eggs, separated shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1/4 cups chopped green onions shopping list
- 2 heaping tablespoons chopped fresh dill shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons each of canola oil & melted butter - for brushing on the griddle (or nonstick pan) shopping list
- For Topping: shopping list
- 1 cup Crème fraiche shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill shopping list
- 4 to 5 ounces smoked salmon shopping list
- 8 to 10 dill sprigs for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, whisk together the creme fraiche and dill and season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until needed.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. Reserve.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, buttermilk, and melted butter. Add to the dry ingredients, along with the green onions and dill. Stir gently until incorporated.
- Using a wire whisk or an electric mixer, whisk the egg whites until shiny and firm but not dry. Stir a little into the batter, and then fold in the remaining whites.
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons melted butter with 3 tablespoons oil. Heat a 10-inch nonstick skillet or griddle and brush with some of the butter mixture. For each pancake, using 2 tablespoons of batter, make 2-1/2-inch pancakes onto the griddle and, over a medium flame, cook until brown on one side. Turn and brown the other side, brushing the skillet or griddle with the butter mixture as necessary. As the pancakes are cooked, transfer to a tray lined with a clean towel and keep warm in a low oven while preparing the remaining pancakes.
- Presentation: Place pancakes on heated plates. Spread some of the cream mixture over the pancake and arrange a slice of smoked fish on the cream. Garnish with a sprig of dill. Serve immediately.