Cheesy Chicken And Rice BurritosFrom LindseyB 2 years ago
- ½ cup long grain rice shopping list
- 1cup water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried, or fresh oregano shopping list
- 7- ounce can chopped tomatoes in tomato juice shopping list
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into small pieces shopping list
- 1 fresh tomato, chopped shopping list
- 1 ¼ cups grated Monterey Jack or mild cheddar cheese shopping list
- 4 tablespoons sour cream(optional) shopping list
- 8 x 8-10-inch fresh flour tortillas shopping list
- salt shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the rice and cook for 8 minutes. Drain, rinse ant then drain again.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion, with the ground cloves and oregano, and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the rice and tomatoes and cook over low heat until all the tomato juice has been absorbed. Set the pan aside.
- Put the chicken breast in a large skillet with some oil and brown until done.
- then add the chicken to the rice mixture,
- use a clean skillet to heat the tortillas, heat 1 at a time on each side, they will get a little browned and hold the ingredients better.
- place a tortilla on a plate and some of the chicken and rice mix evenly to the tortilla add some chopped tomato, cheese, and sour cream
- wrap up the tortilla and make the other 4 the same way