Igado (Pork and Liver Stew)From icebaby 6 years ago
- pork meat 1/4 kilo cut in strips shopping list
- pork liver 1/4 kilo cut in strips shopping list
- chicken or pork heart 1/4 kilo cut in strips shopping list
- bell pepper julienned shopping list
- tomatoes 2 medium size chopped shopping list
- 1 medium onion chopped shopping list
- garlic 5 cloves crushed (best if you use garlic crusher) shopping list
- white vinegar 1/8 cup shopping list
- soy sauce 4 tbsp. shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- White sugar 1 tbsp. shopping list
- 1 chicken cube shopping list
- cooking oil 1/8 cup shopping list
- chili pepper for garnishing (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Saute tomatoes, garlic and onion over medium heat making sure that tomatoes are thouroughly cooked before adding garlic and onion. While sauteing, add soy sauce, chicken cube, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Wait for the onion to turn translucent before adding the pork strips, sauteing for about 5 minutes over high heat. Add the liver and heart and saute until the broth comes out from the innards. Simmer for about 5 minutes before adding the vinegar. Do not stir. Stirring the vinegar right away can make it more acidic.
- Wait for the vinegar to be cooked at least about 2minutes before adding bell pepper. Add 1 cup of water on three intervals or about 2 minutes each time. Wait for the sauce to thicken or until the sauce runs dry and oil comes out from the meat.
- Garnish it with chili pepper (optional).
- Serve with hot rice. It may also be served with complimenting ice cold lemon tea or beer.
The Cookicebaby Shanghai, China
- Not added to any groups yet!