Rice Cooker Salt Baked ChickenFrom Yinhomemade 3 years ago
- 1 whole chicken – size 9 (can be replaced with drumsticks or wings) shopping list
- 3 stalks spring onions shopping list
- 4-5 slices of ginger shopping list
- SEASONING: shopping list
- salt to your taste shopping list
- chicken stock powder to your taste shopping list
- 1tsp sesame oil shopping list
- 1tbsp rice wine/cooking wine (optional, I didn't use) shopping list
- cooking oil shopping list
How to make it
- Clean chicken, pat dry with kitchen towels; prepare a few slices of ginger.
- Massage and rub whole chicken inside out with salt, chicken stock powder and coat with sesame oil, and then set aside for at least an hour.
- Stuff 2 stalks of spring onion and 2 pieces of ginger into chicken cavity, use skewer to seal the opening.
- Pour 2 tbsp of cooking oil into rice cooker, add slices of ginger, and place the seasoned chicken with belly facing down in the rice cooker.
- Switch on the rice cooker and press the cook button, let it cook until the cook button automatically pops up. Test on doneness using skewer, if juice runs clear, chicken is ready else press down the cook button and let it cook again. ( I repeat two times before the chicken is cooked)
- Switch off the power and let the chicken continue to bake in the rice cooker for 5 minutes before remove from rice cooker.
- Remove chicken from rice cooker and cut into pieces, pour out the chicken juice and drizzle on the chicken and serve.
The CookYinhomemade North Shore City, New Zealand
- Not added to any groups yet!