Very Simple Langues De Chat (Cat's Tongues)From thearodgers 3 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 200ºC
- Cream the butter and icing sugar together until it becomes smooth and fluffy
- Mount the egg whites until stiff, than incorporate them into the butter mixture gently
- Fold in flour, add vanilla and lemon zest and mix well
- Butter and lightly flour a cookie sheet
- Place dough in thin strips on cookie sheet, approx. 3 cm apart
- *Note: they will be sticky so you can try using a pastry bag if you like (it will make them look nicer in the end) but it takes away from the simplicity of the recipe
- Bake at 200ºC for 6-8 minutes or until the tops become a gentle golden colour and the sides are a light brown
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on a cookie rack
- Enjoy with your favourite hot drink or with ice cream for dessert!
The Cookthearodgers BC, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!