White Wine-sauced Chicken With Dried Apricots & CranberriesFrom gkwillow 6 years ago
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 medium onion, diced shopping list
- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ shopping list
- spice rub: shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp Spanish paprika shopping list
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard shopping list
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ shopping list
- 3/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried apricots shopping list
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Sprinkle chicken with the spice rub on both sides and allow to "marinate" at room temperature while preparing the dried fruit.
- Heat wine to just boiling. Remove from heat - add apricots and cranberries and soak, covered, for at least 10 minutes to plump.
- Brown the chicken in olive oil. (Skin side down first- that is, if there would be skin!) When you turn the chicken to brown the other side, add the onions. Push chicken to the outside of the skillet and saute the onions until slightly soft.
- Arrange chicken and onions in a baking dish (with cover). Mix chicken broth into the wine/fruit mixture and pour over the top of the chicken and onions.
- Cover and bake 30-35 minutes..
- Serve with rice pilaf or couscous.