Mint-glazed Butter Thin CookiesFrom DetroitTokyo 6 years ago
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 large egg, room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract, divided shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar, divided shopping list
- 2 tbsp (or more) heavy whipping cream shopping list
- green sugar crystals shopping list
How to make it
- Position racks in top and bottom third of oven and preheat to 350F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Using electric mixer, beat first 4 ingredients, 1/4 tsp peppermint extract, and salt until fluffy. Add flour and mix well.
- Place 1 cup powdered sugar in a bowl. Working with 1 level tablespoon at a time, shape dough into balls; roll in powdered sugar to coat. Place on sheet. Brush the bottom of a flat-bottomed cup with butter. Press each ball of dough lightly with the bottom of the cup. Sprinkle each with more powdered sugar, then press again to thin 3 1/4 inch round. Bake cookies for 8 minutes. Reverse sheets and bake until golden at edges, about 9 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract and 2 tbsp cream in a small bowl until smooth. Add more cream by 1/2 tsp if the glaze is too thick to spread.
- Spread glaze over warm cookies and sprinkle with sugar crystals, then transfer to rack to cool.
The CookDetroitTokyo Detroit, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!