OyakodonFrom wolfton 6 years ago
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 3/4 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/3 cup mirin (sweet rice wine) shopping list
- 2 medium-sized boneless and skinless chicken breasts, chopped into bite-sized pieces shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 4 cups of steamed, medium sized rice (already cooked) shopping list
How to make it
- Already have the hot steamed rice ready (this is about 20 mins by itself)
- In a large saucepan, mix the broth, mirin, and soy sauce. Let it come to a boil
- Add the onion and chicken. Reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes (chicken will look nearly cooked through).
- Pour the lightly beaten eggs *GENTLY* into the mixture and cover it well.
- Leave for five to seven minutes, or until egg appears to be cooked through.
- Serve on top of the steamed rice.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookwolfton Moutnain View, CA
The Rating2 people
For a satisfying dinner in less than 30 minutes, this is my go-to recipe! I've been cooking from it weekly for nearly a year now because it's so simple, comforting, and tasty.austenuation in S San Francisco loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!