Zesty Vegetarian Yam FryFrom Pumpkinberry 4 years ago
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 container extra firm tofu marinated using the marinade.html">Tasty Tofu A Zesty Herb marinade shopping list
- 1 large yam shopping list
- 1/2 of one onion shopping list
- 1 shallot shopping list
- 1/2 bag of mixed veggies: broccoli, watercress, carrots, and green beans (or hand picked chopped veggies) shopping list
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach and arugula (or to taste) shopping list
- 2 cups brown rice shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Cut and cube up your tofu and marinate. Set aside.
- 2. Cook your rice! (I have a rice cooker, so I just put it in and add water and let it cook. It takes approximately fifteen minutes to cook, so while that's going I make the rest.)
- 3. Cut up your yam into little pieces, or slices, whatever and put into a wok or large pan with the oil. Cook until color changes from yellowish to a darker orange.
- 4. Add chopped onion and shallot and cook for another three minutes.
- 5. Add tofu, veggies and leafy greens and cook for another three to five minutes. (Or until done!)
- 6. Put over rice, or wrap the whole thing in a pita (with the rice).
- 6. ENJOY!
- This was delicious as it was, the tangy zesty marinade really made it feel like a genre all it's own, and not like your typical heavier Asian stir fry at all. (Though there's nothing wrong with that!) The next day I made a fresh batch of brown rice, mixed it with the stir-fry and wrapped the whole thing in a pita. It made for a FANTASTIC leftover lunch!
The CookPumpkinberry Toronto, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!