Grape Tomatoes With Pasta Shells And SausageFrom gkwillow 3 years ago
- 1 pkg (12) skinless pork sausage links (I like Farmland brand) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 6-8 green onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste shopping list
- a couple tablespoons of water/red wine shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon basil shopping list
- splash of balsamic vinegar shopping list
- pinch of brown sugar shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half length wise shopping list
- cooked pasta of your choice (I used shells to "trap" extra sauce) shopping list
How to make it
- Brown sausage, breaking up into large crumbles with a spatula. (Or take the casing off the sausage by cutting it with a knife and squeeze the meat out.) Add in onion and garlic and allow to soften. Drain well.
- Add in tomato paste and mix well. Add in seasoning and enough liquid to loosen the sauce just a bit. Bring to a boil and reduce heat immediately to a simmer. Allow it to simmer about 5-10 minutes, adding more liquid if necessary.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the sauce. Add in the grape tomatoes and allow to cook until they are heated through and softened a bit.
- I topped my serving of pasta with parmesan cheese, but didn't put it on for the photo...
The Cookgkwillow City, State
- Not added to any groups yet!