Dr Pepper Cake PopsFrom lillyann 4 years ago
- 1 Dr pepper cake, cooled (bake as directed below) shopping list
- 1 can cream chocolate frosting (16 oz.) shopping list
- 1 package chocolate bark shopping list
- Lollipop sticks shopping list
- Sanding sugar shopping list
- wax paper shopping list
- Styrofoam shopping list
- - Dr. pepper cake - shopping list
- 1-1/2 c Dr pepper shopping list
- 1/2 c canola oil shopping list
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- 4 tbsp dark cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 c sugar shopping list
- 2 c all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 2 lg. eggs shopping list
- 1/2 c buttermilk shopping list
How to make it
- Dr Pepper Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a 13x9x2″ baking pan with cooking spray. Combine the Dr Pepper, oil, butter and cocoa powder in a saucepan over medium heat. When it comes to a simmer, mix well and turn stove off. Whisk sugar, flour, salt and baking soda together, then add to Dr Pepper mixture in saucepan and mix well, by hand. Do not overbeat.
- In a separate small bowl lightly beat the eggs and buttermilk together, then add to the saucepan and combine batter well by hand, but again, do not overbeat. Pour into the prepared baking pan and bake for approximately 30-45 minutes (depending on your oven) or until a wooden tester, inserted into the center of the cake, comes out clean. Do not overbake.
- After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl. Mix thoroughly with 1 can of chocolate frosting. Roll mixture into quarter size balls, insert lollipop sticks about halfway into balls and then stick them into the wax paper-lined stryofoam so that they stand up straight. Chill for several hours; either in the refrigerator or freezer.
- After chilling, melt chocolate in the microwave (or on the stovetop set on LOW) per directions on package. Dip the balls into your melted candy and when removing from the chocolate, twist your wrist so that they chocolate drips off smoothly. Lightly tap your wrist if there is excess chocolate. Sprinkle the tops with a bit of sanding sugar. Using the same styrofoam, insert the pops so that they’re standing straight up and let harden. You can also chill once more if they’re not being eaten within a few hours.