Rib-eye And Roasted-tomato SandwichesFrom cogg 7 years ago
- 6 medium tomatoes, halved crosswise shopping list
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced into rings shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 (3/4-inch-thick) boneless rib-eye steaks (about 1 3/4 lb total) shopping list
- 8 slices sourdough bread shopping list
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mint shopping list
- 1 bunch watercress, tough stems discarded shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F with rack in middle
- Toss tomatoes with shallots, garlic, oil, and 1 1/2 tsp salt in a sahllow 3-quart baking dish, then arrange tomatoes cut sides up (make sure shallots and garlic are below tomatoes or they will burn). Roast, uncovered, basting once, until tomatoes are tender but still hold their shape and are starting to brown, 35 to 45 minutes. Coll to room temperature.
- While tomatoes cool, prepare grill for direct-heat cooking over hot charcoal (medium-high heat for gas)
- Sprinkle each steak all over with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper (total per steak). Oil grill rack, then grill steaks, covered only i fusing a gas grill, turning over once, 5-6 min total for medium rare. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Lightly brush both sides of bread slices with some of oil from roasted tomatoes and grill, covered only if using a gas grill, turning over once, until lightly toasted (about 1 min total). sitr together vinegar and sugar until sugar is dissolved, then stir in herbs. Spread one side of each bread slice with some of herb mixture (about 1 tbsp per slice). Slice steakes, then make into sandwiches with bread, roasted tomatoes and shallots, and watercress.
The Cookcogg Long Beach, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!