Sorta ScarparielloFrom keni 3 years ago
- 1lb boneless, skinless chicken(breasts or thighs), cut into pieces shopping list
- 1lb specialty sausages(pre cooked), cut into pieces shopping list
- couple T poultry or similar seasoning blend shopping list
- 3T butter shopping list
- 2T olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1lb new, baby, or specialty potatoes(cut if needed) shopping list
- 12oz fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup peppadews, cherry peppers or 1 roasted red pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup corn starch shopping list
- 1/2 cup white wine shopping list
- juice from 1 lemon shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- fresh sage(or rosemary, thyme, etc...rosemary is more traditional shopping list
How to make it
- In large stock pot or dutch oven(I use cast iron chicken fryer :) melt butter and oil over low heat.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken pieces with seasoning blend(make sure it has salt and pepper)
- Saute over medium heat for about 5-7minutes.
- Turn each piece and add sausage, potatoes, onion, garlic, and mushrooms.
- Continue to cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and sausage to a platter and set aside.
- Add corn starch and stir well to coat.
- Immediately add wine and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add stock, lemon juice, peppadews and sage and stir well
- Simmer until veggies are tender.
- Add chicken and sausage back to the pan and heat through.
- Serve immediately