Chorizo, Shrimp N' Cheese Stuffed Poblanos W/ Chipotle CreamFrom sharebear1 2 years ago
- 4 poblano chiles shopping list
- 1/2 lb chorizo shopping list
- 6 large shrimp cleaned, tails removed and chopped into small peices shopping list
- 2 tablespoons oil shopping list
- 1 shallot, minced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 3/4 cup Monterrey Jack cheese shopping list
- For Cream: shopping list
- 1/4 cup poblano cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup mexican crema shopping list
- 1-2 tablespoon chipotle peppers and adobo (blended until smooth) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste shopping list
- habanero Salsa: shopping list
- 8-10 tomatillos, husks removed and cleaned shopping list
- 2 habaneros shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 white onion, diced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Mexican oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Fill pot with enough water to cover tomatillos, bring to boil. Add habaneros. Boil until tomatillos have turned brownish. Remove from heat and discard all water except about 1/2 cup. Add everything to blender, including onion, garlic, cumin, oregano and salt. Blend until smooth and set a side.
- 2.Preheat oven to 350. Spray baking sheet with non-cooking spray. Lay chiles on pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes until skin is slightly bubbly and peeling on bottom side, turn chiles and repeat. Place chiles into sealed paper/plastic bag on plate for 10-15 minutes.
- 3.While chiles are cooking heat skillet. Add oil, once oil is hot add shallots and garlic. Saute until almost fragrant, about 3-4 minutes. Add chorizo. Cook about 15 minutes, or until done. Add shrimp and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set a side.
- 4.For cream place everything into a small dish and stir until well combined.
- 5.Remove chiles from bag and remove skins. Carefully make a slit from top of chile to bottom. Carful not to tear chile, spoon out seeds and discard. In a bowl combine 1/2 cup of cheese and chorizo/shrimp mixture. Stuff each chile with the mixture. In a shallow baking dish spoon 2-3 tablespoons of habanero salsa across bottom of dish. Place chiles into the baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is slightly golden brown and bubbly. Remove and cool.
- 6.Top with chipotle cream.
- Note: You could use a milder salsa or add only 1 habanero if you dont want it as spicy. Also you can broil the chiles instead of bake. However, I found the chiles more pliable to work with. You may refridgerate the extra habanero salsa or freeze it in small baggies for later use.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooksharebear1 Coon Rapids, MN
The Rating2 people
AWESOME TRANSLATION of the description! They are so good.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
OK,, this is getting made in my crib this week... What a great recipe... Pic's to followmrcooksalot in Denver loved it
made it..... Yum was the final answer to this spicy concoctionmrcooksalot in Denver loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!