Slow Cooker Stuffed PeppersFrom pleclare 3 years ago
- 3/4 lb lean,ground turkey shopping list
- 1/2 c quinoa shopping list
- 1/4 c chopped cilantro shopping list
- 3 scallions ,chopped shopping list
- 1 small yellow onion,finely chopped shopping list
- 1 small jalapeno pepper,finely chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic,minced shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 large green bell peppers (or any color you like) shopping list
- 2 c reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 can (28 oz) low-salt tomato puree shopping list
- 3/4 tsp ground oregano shopping list
- 2 TB chopped parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Combine turkey,quinoa,cilantro,scallions,onion,chili pepper,garlic,salt,and black pepper in large bowl.
- Cut tops off bell peppers and scoop out seeds. Stuff each pepper with one fourth of the turkey mixture. Replace pepper tops and place in 4 qt or larger slow cooker.
- Mix broth,tomato puree and oregano in bowl. Pour into cooker. Position peppers so they are mostly covered by liquid.
- Cover. Cook on high 4 hours.Add a little shredded cheddar towards the end to melt(if desired) Sprinkle each pepper with parslet and season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.