Traditional Pizza DoughFrom MistressMaddie 5 years ago
How to make it
- -In a large bowl pour warm water and sugar.
- -Stir to dissolve sugar.
- -Add yeast and gently stir until yeast is dissolved.
- -Let mixture sit for around 15 min to activate yeast.
- -Add oil and salt and gently stir.
- -Add one cup of flour and mix.
- -Add second cup of flour and mix until sticky.
- -Add third cup of flour and mix until dough becomes thick.
- -Place the dough on a floured board and gradually knead in the remaining flour.
- -Dust with extra flour and continue kneading until dough becomes firm. About 10 min.
- -Kneading is complete when you have a smooth silky ball of dough. It's better to over knead then to under knead.
- -Grease a large bowl with a little olive oil.
- -Place dough in the bowl turning once to coat the dough with oil.
- -Cover with a dish towel and place it in a warm spot in your kitchen for about 2 hrs allowing the dough to double in size.
- -Take the dough out of the bowl and cut in half and roll the two balls.
- -With a rolling pin roll out the desired size and thickness and place on greased baking pan or pizza paddle.
- -Cover and let sit in a warm place again for another hr.
- -Add your favorite toppings.
- -Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees
- -Cook the pizza for around 10-15 min until the crust is golden brown.
The CookMistressMaddie Ann Arbor, MI
- Not added to any groups yet!