Mushroom Meatball SoupFrom cuzpat 4 years ago
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil shopping list
- 2 medium onions, finely diced shopping list
- 2 pound(s) mushrooms, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt shopping list
- 1/3 teaspoon(s) black pepper shopping list
- 1 pound(s) (ground) sirloin shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/3 cup(s) (plain ) dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) onion powder shopping list
- 4 cup(s) beef broth shopping list
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoon(s) (plus 1 teaspoon) flour shopping list
- 1 cup(s) milk shopping list
- 3/4 cup(s) sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Warm olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add onions, mushrooms, salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper; sauté gently, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes
- Meanwhile, combine ground sirloin, egg, bread crumbs, onion powder and another 1/8 tsp. black pepper, mixing thoroughly. Shape into meatballs ½ inch in diameter; add to pot with vegetables.
- Pour in broth and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 to 40 minutes.
- In a small pan, melt the butter; add flour and cook 1 minute, stirring, until thickened. Add milk and cook, stirring constantly until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir into soup. Remove soup from heat and immediately ladle into bowls. Top each serving with 1 Tbsp. sour cream.