Tapenade Lasagna SoupFrom keni 4 years ago
- 35-40oz diced tomatoes with italian seasonings, undraned shopping list
- 2 cans(or about 28oz dried and cooked) white beans(cannellini, navy or great nothern), undrained shopping list
- 2lbs italian sausage, ground shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2T fresh Italian herbs, minced(or sub 1T dried) shopping list
- 12oz tapenade(jarred or homemade...you can use olive, pepper or tomato based, whatever you have, or is your preference. I used olive) shopping list
- 12oz ricotta cheese shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1lb cooked pasta(penne, cavelletti, etc) shopping list
- fresh Parmesan for garnish, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Add tomatoes, beans, sausage, onion, garlic, tapenade and salt and pepper to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for about 5-7 hours, until flavors are well blended and meat is done.
- Add ricotta cheese and stir, while still cooking on low. This will not be "pretty", as the ricotta leaves a bit of color and texture as it mixes in, but it doesn't "turn" and it tastes great :)
- Fold in cooked pasta.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired
- *please note, this will fill a large slow cooker.... cut the recipe in half, if desired, to be more manageable.