Cheesy Twice Baked PotatoesFrom BMikel 3 years ago
- 2 large baking potaotes, scrubbed and rinsed shopping list
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, diced into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese, plus about 1/4 cup more for topping shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated pepper jack cheese shopping list
- 2 green onions, diced about 2 tablespoons shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Puncture potatoes with a fork about 6 times around the potato, this will allow steam to escape while they are cooking. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the skins are crispy but the potato is soft. You should be able to insert a fork and remove it easily.
- While your potato is cooking cook your bacon until brown. Remove to paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
- Once your potatoes are baked, turn your oven down to 350 degrees.
- Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise (Note: be careful they will retain a lot of the heat for awhile). Being careful not to puncture the skin, spoon out the insides, place them in a mixing bowl and set the skins aside.
- To the potatoes add butter, milk and sour cream. Use an electric mixer and mix until smooth.Stir in 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese and green onions. Mix well.
- Fill the potato skins with the mixture. Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees in a baking dish until the cheese melts.