Apple Pie Jelly- JamFrom Shorty0881 5 years ago
- - 6 cups peeled and diced granny smith apples shopping list
- - ½ cup water shopping list
- - ½ teaspoon of butter shopping list
- - 3 cups white sugar shopping list
- - 2 cups brown sugar (packed) shopping list
- - ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- - 1 1/2 small box powdered fruit pectin (may have to use two) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook apples, water and butter over low heat, stirring until apples are soft but not mushy.
- Stir in pectin and bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Add sugars and cinnamon and bring back to a boil, stirring constantly, for one minute. Remove from heat and skim off foam (if there is any).
- if you feel the jam is not thick enough for your taste then add another small box of pectin. Start by adding half of the second box then go from there.
- Pour into hot jars, leaving ¼” heads space.
- Process jars in boiling water bath for 10 minutes. makes (7) ½ pints.
- NOTE- 6 cups of diced apples = 6 to 7 medium size apples.
The CookShorty0881 Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Not added to any groups yet!