Black-eyed Peas And Collard GreensFrom lbrooks26 4 years ago
- 1/2 lb of bacon - crisp-cooked and crumbled shopping list
- 2 T olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion - diced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic - crushed shopping list
- 1 lb frozen bag of black-eyed peas shopping list
- chicken stock to cover peas (water can be substituted) shopping list
- 1 lb frozen bag of collard greens shopping list
- red pepper flakes - to your taste for spice shopping list
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a frying pan, fry bacon until crisp. Drain and cool on paper towel.
- Add oil to large saucepan. When oil is hot. add diced onion and cook until translucent. Add crushed garlic and stir for a minute,
- Add black-eyed peas and cover with stock or water. Stir until liquid is halved.
- Add collard greens right from the freezer. They will cook as you stir.
- Add crumbled bacon. Season with red pepper flakes (as much as you like), add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook until peas become creamy and smooth but still holds its form. Stir often and check on liquid. Be sure there is enough to keep from sticking.
The Cooklbrooks26 Cedar Knolls, US
- Not added to any groups yet!