Banana Nut CakeFrom jaie 7 years ago
- 2-1/2 cups sifted flour shopping list
- 1-2/3 cups sugar shopping list
- 1-1/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2/3 cup Crisco shopping list
- 2/3 cups buttermilk, original recipe used regular milk made sour with fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups mashed bananas shopping list
- 2 large eggs, orginal recipe said 1/2 cup eggs shopping list
- Chopped nuts of your choice shopping list
How to make it
- You will need 3 mixing bowls and 3 8-inch cake pans, greased and lightly floured.
- In the first bowl, sift together the sifted flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In the second bowl, cream together the Crisco, 1/3 cup buttermilk and bananas.
- In the third bowl, mix together 1/3, plus a little more, buttermilk and the eggs.
- Add bowl number 2 to bowl number 1 and mix with mixer.
- Add bowl number 3 to bowl number 1 and 2 and mix with mixer.
- Beat about 2 minutes, or until all is blended.
- Fold in chopped nuts.
- Pour mixture, evenly, into 3 8-inch cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, until knife stuck in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Frost with your favorite frosting and sprinkle with chopped nuts and sliced bananas.
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!