Southern Black Eyed PeasFrom rescue_ranger 4 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups fresh shelled black eyed peas shopping list
- water, as needed, to cover about 4 inches above top of peas shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon coarse salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 medium size onion diced shopping list
- 3 slice bacon (un-cooked) chopped shopping list
- 1 fat Hammock or pork Jowl shopping list
- 2 tsp minced fresh garlic shopping list
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar shopping list
- cilantro lime hot sauce to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Place all ingredients in a large cooking pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 40 minutes or until peas are tender. Add additional water if needed to keep peas covered. If all the water boils away the peas will burn quickly, so watch closely.
- A dash of hot sauce may be added to the simmering peas if you like them a little spicy.
- Really good with Cast iron skillet Cornbread with Green chilies or jalapeños
The Cookrescue_ranger New Baltimore, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!