Fried Chicken And Belgian WafflesFrom mrcooksalot 6 years ago
- Fried Chicken: shopping list
- vegetable oil, for shallow frying shopping list
- 1/4 cup hot sauce shopping list
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 8 chicken tenders (about 1 pound) shopping list
- 3/4 cup instant flour (such as Wondra) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 scallions, sliced, plus more for garnish shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- maple syrup, for serving shopping list
- Waffles: shopping list
- 2 cups cake flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 large eggs, separated shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- non-stick cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Fried Chicken:
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a large cast-iron or heavy-bottomed skillet over high heat. Whisk the hot sauce and egg in a medium bowl; toss the chicken in the mixture to coat.
- Combine the flour, poultry seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste in a medium bowl. Set aside 3 tablespoons seasoned flour in a separate bowl; dredge the chicken in the remaining seasoned flour until coated, shaking off any excess.
- Place the chicken in the hot oil and fry until golden and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side, turning once. Transfer to a rack to cool slightly; discard the oil. Place in warn oven until waffles are prepared.
- Melt the butter in the same skillet and whisk in the reserved seasoned flour until smooth. Whisk in the scallions, then slowly pour in the broth. Bring to a simmer, whisking until the gravy is smooth. Meanwhile, .Prepare waffles
- Preheat the waffle iron according to the manufacturer's instructions. In 1 medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In a second bowl use the wooden spoon to beat together the egg yolks and sugar until sugar is completely dissolved and eggs have turned a pale yellow. Add the vanilla extract, melted butter, and milk to the eggs and whisk to combine. Combine the egg-milk mixture with the flour mixture and whisk just until blended. Do not over mix. In third bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form, about 1 minute. Using the rubber spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the waffle batter. Do not overmix! Coat the waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray and pour enough batter in iron to just cover waffle grid. Close and cook as per manufacturer's instructions until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Place a waffle on each plate and drizzle with maple syrup. Top with chicken and gravy and garnish with scallions.
The Cookmrcooksalot Denver, U.S.A.
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!