Creamy Cranberry OatmealFrom keni 6 years ago
- 1 cup steel cut oats shopping list
- 2T butter shopping list
- 1 cup 100% cranberry juice shopping list
- 1 cup not from concentrate orange juice, so fresh or refrigerated shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/2-1 cup milk(this will be to your texture preference...I used 3/4 cup) shopping list
- 1T honey shopping list
- 1-3T brown sugar(also to your preference) shopping list
- 1/2 cup white yogurt covered dried cranberries shopping list
- 1/4t fresh nutmeg, grated shopping list
- 1t orange zest shopping list
- dash of salt shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in medium, heavy saucepan. Careful not to burn.
- When just melted, add oats and stir to coat them with the butter.
- Let cook about 1-2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add juices and water and stir.
- Increase temp to bring to a boil, then immediately reduce heat and simmer, uncovered and unstirred, about 20-25 minutes.
- Stir well and add zest, cranberries, nutmeg, salt, honey, brown sugar and milk(start low with these two things and add more, if needed, before serving
- Cook on low about 7-10 minutes, stirring often until desired consistency and warmed through. The yogurt will melt off the berries lending to an added creaminess and leaving behind the now plumped berries! :)
- Taste and adjust, as needed, or serve with tiny pitchers of milk and finger bowls of brown sugar or honey at the table.
- ****PLEASE NOTE: ALWAYS CHECK YOUR OATS PACKAGING FOR LIQUID:OATS RATIO AND ADJUST, ACCORDINGLY. NOT ALL BRANDS ARE THE SAME :)