Tomato Sauce for PastaFrom sprout 7 years ago
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 lg onion, diced shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup red wine (drinking quality - the better the wine, the better the sauce) shopping list
- 1 lg can (800g) crushed tomatoes shopping list
- salt and pepper to season shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onions on lowest heat and covered, for 10 minutes. Add the garlic and basil, recover, and saute a further 5 minutes or so.
- Uncover and add the wine. Simmer and reduce about half the liquid. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper. Taste for seasoning.
- Simmer a further 15 minutes or so, uncovered, until yum and the right consistancy.