Roasted Mashed Sweet PotatoesFrom icecreamuffin 6 years ago
- 2 large sweet potatoes, chopped into 1-inch cubes shopping list
- 4 medium yukon gold potatoes, chopped into 1-inch cubes shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped into 1-inch cubes shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp: dried rosemary & dried thyme shopping list
- 1 tbsp: salt & freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 4 oz (1/2 cup) neufchatel cheese shopping list
- 3/4 cup chicken stock shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put sweet potatoes, yukon golds and onion in a large bowl, coat completely with olive oil and seasonings. Transfer everything to two baking sheets lined with aluminum foil, and spread out evenly. Also add garlic cloves to baking sheets, un-peeled. Bake for 15 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Transfer potatoes and onion to a standing mixer, or into a large bowl and use a hand mixer. Peel the garlic and add as well. Blend well, adding the neufchatel cheese a bit at a time. Add half of the chicken stock and milk. Once potatoes are blended to the desired consistency, transfer to a pot and warm on the stovetop. Stir in the rest of the chicken stock and milk, and add more salt and pepper if necessary. Serve as a side dish with dinner.
The Cookicecreamuffin Abilene, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!