Arroz Verde (green Rice)From sosousme 4 years ago
- 2 poblano chiles; roasted, seeded and peeled shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (you can use both leaves and stems) shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium or homemade chicken stock shopping list
- 2 tablespoons oil shopping list
- 1 cup long-grain rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- salt, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Blend the chiles and cilantro together in a blender with 1/2 cup of the chicken stock.
- Heat the oil in a skillet; add the rice and cook stirring, until puffed and golden.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook until tender (about 2 - 3 minutes).
- Add the remaining chicken broth along with the cilantro/chile mixture and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer until all the liquid has been absorbed (about 25 minutes). Check seasonings and add salt as necessary. Toss with a fork before serving.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!