Sweet-and-sour Turkey MeatballsFrom doreenfish 4 years ago
- 1 lb (500 g) lean ground turkey shopping list
- ¼ cup (60 mL) dried breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1 large egg, beaten shopping list
- 2 tsp (10 mL) peeled, grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- ½ tsp (2.5 mL) salt shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 14 oz (398 mL) can tomato sauce shopping list
- ¼ cup (60 mL) ketchup shopping list
- ¼ cup (60 mL) rice vinegar shopping list
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) honey shopping list
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cornstarch shopping list
- 19 oz (540 mL) can unsweetened pineapple chunks shopping list
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix to combine. Moisten your hands with cold water. Roll the meat mixture into 1½-inch (4 cm) balls and set on the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Place the tomato sauce, ketchup, vinegar, honey, soy sauce and cornstarch in your slow cooker and whisk to combine. Add the meatballs, pineapple (fruit and juice) and bell pepper and gently swirl to combine. Cover and cook on the low setting for 6 hours, or until the meatballs are tender. Sprinkle servings of the meatballs with green onion.
The Cookdoreenfish Thessalon, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!