Peanut-y Marinated Tofu With Sweet Onions And PineappleFrom gkwillow 4 years ago
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice shopping list
- finely chopped garlic, to taste shopping list
- finely grated ginger, to taste shopping list
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste shopping list
- 1/2 lb. firm or extra firm style tofu shopping list
- 8.25 oz. can chunk pineapple (save can juices) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon crunchy or creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, sliced thin shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, and pineapple juice. Cut tofu into medium sized chunks and marinate in the prepared dressing for at least an hour in the fridge. ***(I marinated a frozen block of tofu overnight THEN cut into chunks the next day when it was thawed.)
- In a large skillet, heat a small amount of olive oil until very hot. Let excess marinade drip off tofu prior to adding to the pan. Set aside the left over marinade.
- Cook tofu, allowing any liquid in the skillet to cook off. Cook until brown.
- Add peanut butter to the reserved marinade and heat until
- thoroughly combined. Add peanut mixture to the tofu. Continue to cook until there is no liquid in the pan. Remove tofu from skillet and keep warm.
- Add more olive oil to the skillet. Fry onion until soft and add the canned pineapple. Cook until the pineapple is warmed through and return the tofu to the skillet. Add additional pineapple juice if necessary.
- Serve with basmati rice. Garnish with chopped peanuts if desired.
The Cookgkwillow City, State
- Not added to any groups yet!