Chicken And Snow PeasFrom joe1155 4 years ago
- 1 chicken breast, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 lb snow pea pods, strings removed shopping list
- 2 spring onions, sliced on the bias about as long as the snow peas shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp rice wine or dry sherry shopping list
- 1 ounce water shopping list
- 2 tsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- 1/4 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1 Tbsp peanut oil shopping list
How to make it
- Combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat a wok over high heat. When smoking, add a pinch of salt and 1/2 Tbsp peanut oil.
- When smoking again, add the snow peas and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes. If they start to brown add a Tbsp or so of water to cool the wok a little.
- Remove from wok with the liquid and set aside.
- Reheat the wok. Add another pinch of salt and another 1/2 Tbsp of oil.
- When it smokes add the chicken and the onions. Stir fry until the chicken turns white. Add the snow peas and any liquid to the chicken in the wok. Stir fry one minute to combine.
- Stir the sauce thoroughly and add to the wok. Cook until it thickens. Done!
The Cookjoe1155 Munchen, DE
The Rating2 people
mrpiggy in Mendocino County loved it
I made this based upon Mrpiggy's recommendation. A quick, easy, healthy dish. I doubled the sauce ingredients, subbed rice wine vinegar for rice wine (I know it's not the same but that's what I had), subbed canola oil for peanut, and added a pinch of...moreDetroitTokyo in Detroit loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!