Over-stuffed Mini Sweet PeppersFrom icecreamuffin 3 years ago
- 50 sweet mini peppers (about half of the "bailey farms" brand bag) shopping list
- 1 &1/2 lbs ground turkey, thawed shopping list
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta shopping list
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced shopping list
- 2 tbsp chili powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp coriander shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- salt & pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1/8 cup chicken broth shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pan, cook the turkey until just brown, and add the seasonings. Deglaze pan with half of the chicken broth.
- Transfer turkey to a large bowl; add a bit of olive oil and the onion. Cook until barely translucent (about 4 minutes). Deglaze the pan with the rest of the chicken broth.
- Add onion to the bowl, and stir in ricotta. Add more salt & pepper, if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the mini peppers in half, long-ways, so that you have a wide opening. De-seed and cut out the white parts.
- Spoon in the turkey-ricotta mixture, and place peppers on 2 baking sheets lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.....enjoy!