Oven Crisp Chicken with Creamy Arugala SauceFrom keni 6 years ago
- about 4lbs bone in, skin on chicken thighs shopping list
- about 1/4 cup favorite seasoning blend(I use my own with garlic, onion, red pepper, lemon zest, thyme, paprika, salt and lots of black pepper) shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
Arugala Cream Sauce
- 1 large shallot, sliced(I left them in rings cus I thought it was cute ;) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3T butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1/4 cup white wine shopping list
- juice from 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 4oz goats cheese, crumbled shopping list
- 1 cup half and half shopping list
- 1/4t fresh nutmeg, ground shopping list
- kosher or sea salt and fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- about 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh arugala, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly drizzle chicken pieces with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Place pieces in a single layer in roasting pan, or similar(I use a cooling rack over a deep cookie sheet :) and bake at 425 for about 45 minutes, until juices are clear and chicken has reached 160-165. Let rest a few minutes before serving.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter and add shallots and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes, just until shallots begin to soften.
- Add stock, lemon juice and wine, reduce heat, and simmer until liquid is reduced by half, about 10-12 minutes.
- Add goats cheese and half and half and cook, stirring frequently, until sauce is thickening and cheese is melted.
- Add nutmeg, salt and pepper and stir, again.
- Remove from heat and add arugala.
- Serve sauce under or over chicken, as desired.
- *we liked it best under the chicken, and then each bite dipped in the sauce on the plate :)