Cracked Wheat DelightFrom monik 6 years ago
- 2 cups of cracked wheat shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seed ( opt) but it gives nice aroma n taste shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups of clarified butter or 3 tbsp of oil shopping list
- 2-3 cloves of crushed cardamons shopping list
- 2 tea cups of jaggery or sugar shopping list
- 1 cup of milk shopping list
- 3 cup of water shopping list
- a pinch of salt shopping list
- Few almonds (opt) shopping list
How to make it
- In a pressure cooker roast cracked wheat with clarified butter for 5 min add crushed cardamons n fennel seeds or even 1/2 teaspoon cardamon can be used mix well for another 2 min ..
- Add this stage an aroma of clarified butter n cardamon will rise add jaggery or sugar n a pinch a salt and roast all the ingredients together ... after mixing well every thing add milk slowly mix well add water n pressure it for another 10 mins.. or 3 whistles....
- open the pressure cooker when all the pressure is gone .... Done !!!
- Can be eaten hot / cold with milk without milk decorate with some almonds flakes if wanted....can be stored in fridge for days ....
- Trust me its better breakfast than have cornflakes with milk .... just make it at weekends leave in fridge n have a bowl full before going for work
- Enjoy !!!! :-)
- Tip : if pressure cooker is not available a normal pot can do just boil like rice till becomes soft....
The Cookmonik Athens, Greece
- Not added to any groups yet!